Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How do government and the private sector intersect? How should it?

The government and private sector intersect a lot. They work together to receive a positive outcome. Government is in charge of establishing the rules and regulation that set the boundaries of how businesses operate so they can not do whatever they want! When there are no boundaries businesses feel they can run their business as they wish which ends with poor working condition, workers not fit for job, low wages… there has to be some boundaries for a good economy… The private sector is part of the economy that is in charge of privately owned business; they are in charge of how the employees and people are treated in the workforce(i.e. equality, wages, taxes….) Some of the main types of businesses in the private sector are sole trader, partnership, private and public limited company. The private sector is not run by state. The private sector encompasses all for-profit businesses that are not owned or operated by the government.

http://govleaders.org/matrix.htm


more to come...

1 comment:

  1. Critical Review of Kristin Foster Blog
    I am reviewing Kristin Foster’s blog “Kristin’s PSC Blog”. Kristin’s blog is well organized and shows that she seems to have a typical American’s idea about politics and the government. This is not a bad thing, as a great deal of us only worries about politics during the elections or when something goes wrong. I believe the vision of her blog is that she is learning about government and the role that it plays in our economy and corporate worlds. Her mission seems to be to learn more about the government and how it affects her daily life.
    I chose Kristin’s blog because for one I love a puppy, who doesn’t, plus it was not overwhelming like some of the blogs. I have to admit that my blog is one of the worst for extraneous gadgets but, it was refreshing to see a very simple straight forward blog. I enjoyed the fact that she put the videos within the blog itself and any other tidbits that we would find interesting. I enjoyed the pictures that she added that emphasized the current discussion of the week. I enjoyed the time that she took to look these videos and pictures up. As I have found in the past few weeks, these are not always easy to come by. I see that she thoroughly researches and thinks about the items that she puts into her blog.
    One thing that I would like to see on Kristin’s Blog is more items that are not related to the class. I see that all of her posts are class related and I would like to see what articles and tidbits she would add that would help us to understand her a little more. I would like to see posts on articles that she has read or a program that she watched, so that we can get to know Kristin and her true view on politics.
    I truly enjoyed Kristin’s Blog. I believe that she is discovering the meaning of this class and we will learn more about her and her stand on things in the weeks to follow. Thank you Kristin for giving us just the facts and not adding a bunch of extra gadgets on there. Now, I need to go tweak my blog, excuse me for a minute. . .

    ReplyDelete